Winter 2021 Hawke's Bay Business Climate Update From Hutch
In my April 2021 Autumn Update I outlined how I saw the Hawke's Bay business climate as we headed towards Winter – READ IT HERE.And without wanting to sound like a clairvoyant, things have pretty much turned out as I predicted.
Hawke's Bay Business Buoyant & Optimistic
Things are definitely tracking in the right direction but there remains pressure on wages and filling positions. Supply chains are still causing challenges and August is a month where a big chunk of cash goes off to the IRD. People are investing in assets and folks are starting to talk about Christmas functions! All in all though, I think people are getting through winter well.
What did I hope for in the first quarter of this financial year and how did Hawke's Bay do?
- That business owners get a chance to take a breath and share some of the pressure – they're getting there!
- That business volume doesn’t decline – I haven’t seen evidence of any decline.
- That the cash continues to circulate through Hawke's Bay's communities and families – yes it has.
- That businesses that are suffering from labour shortages look at ways to collaborate with others in their industry as opposed to seeing them as competitors – getting team members is still a big challenge!
- That supply chains remain strong – it seems to depend on industry and you definitely need to be all over this if you're quoting work due to pricing change.
- That we don't suffer the winter blues – on the whole I think people are doing well :)
What do I hope for in the second quarter of the 2021 financial year?
- We see some movement on vaccine rollouts.
- Immigration NZ starts to make movements on freeing up MIQ spaces so businesses can get the people they need.
- That people take some time for themselves.
- People keep an eye on cash.
Please be in touch for a chat!
So that's my take on the Hawke's Bay business climate for Winter 2021. If you you'd like to have a chat about anything I've covered above, my door is always open. You can find me on 021 748 142 or email@example.com